Powerbets is an excellent place for gambling lovers. The site contains all the most popular leagues from different countries, such as IPL in cricket or Copa Argentina in soccer. In addition, Powerbets regularly pleases players with generous bonuses and ensures complete security.
If you want to enjoy betting quickly and easily, Powerbets provides fast registration and verification. And we will tell you more about it.
The Powerbets mobile version has all the bells and whistles of the main site and registration is very easy through your mobile.
Registration Terms and Conditions
When you open an account at Powerbets and start using their services, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- Powerbets reserve the right to update these terms from time to time in order to address legal and regulatory changes, to incorporate changes in their business or the Services offered, or to improve the clarity and helpfulness of these terms. All changes made will be displayed on the Powerbets website and it is the player’s responsibility to check the website from time to time to review any updated terms when posted. The updated terms shall govern and control once they are posted on their website. It is your responsibility to retain copies of transaction records and service policies and rules.
- These terms and conditions shall govern any bets placed by you. These bets and all interactions between Powerbets and you will also be governed by applicable requirements of the national legislation of South Africa, the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Act and their current Regulations and Rules and The Financial Intelligence Centre Act, 38 of 2001, and any other legislation that may be applicable.
- Powerbets is licensed, regulated and accredited by the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board – License Number: 10185786
- Our service is restricted to individuals of legal age (18+). We can only accept bets placed within the borders of the Republic of South Africa. Bets placed from outside the borders of South Africa and regions where sports betting is not prohibited by law will not be accepted and will be voided should they appear on our site.
FICA Requirements for Powerbets
As with any bookie there is a verification process that takes place before you are allowed to withdraw any winnings. Some bookies don’t even allow deposits before the verification of FICA documents take place. FICA is an abbreviation for the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001.
The Act was instituted in order to fight financial crime such as money laundering, fraud, tax evasion, terrorist financing activities and identity theft.
The Act was amended in 2017 to bring South Africa in line with international standards set by the Financial Action Task Force in combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism.The documents that are required for this process is a copy of your ID document and your proof of residence.
The proof of residence can be a utility bill or a letter from your local councillor Once your documents are submitted to Powerbets the verification of these documents can take up to a maximum of 24 hours. My documents were verified within a few hours and my account was active.
The benefits you will enjoy at Powerbets after registration
Now that the formalities of registration are over, you are ready to start enjoying the fun of betting.
There is also a full range of Bet Games and Casino games for players that fancy betting on these games.
Powerbets have Live betting available on all sports and most of the major football games are well covered.
Current Bonuses at Powerbets
Powerbets do not have a Welcome bonus for new players but you can enjoy a betting experience that is innovative with great site design and speed.
Multi Bet Bonus
Betting on multiple events will give you bonuses depending on the amount of events booked.To get the bonus, all you need to do is add the events to your bet slip and it will be calculated through the bookies system.These are the terms and conditions attached to this bonus:
- Void events, for any reason, will not be taken into consideration for the bonus calculation. For example, if a bet has 9 events and one is declared void, the Bonus Value on that coupon will be calculated at 14%, for 8 events.
- When calculating the bonus, please note that any odd under 1.35 (7/14) is not taken into consideration.
- The automatically calculated bonus amount is included in the bet potential winnings amount, and is not separate.
Rapid Spin and Win
This is a new variant of the classic Roulette casino game. You can play all your favourite Roulette bets like Neighbours and Orphans. .These are the terms and conditions attached to this promotion:
- Max winnings on Spin & Win is R10 000 per spin
- In the event your winnings exceeds this amount you will be manually journaled
The different types of bets available at Powerbets
Once your registration process is complete you are now ready to start betting. We will be looking at the different types of bets available at Powerbets. After reading the different betting options you’ll have a good understanding of what your betting options are and how they all function.
- Win Bets: This type of bet is the most basic one of them all. With this type of wager, you’ll simply be selecting who you believe will win the game or match that you’re betting on.
- Totals and Over/Under Bets: Totals are another very simple wager that can be great for beginners to use in conjunction with win bets. With a totals bet, Powerbets will issue a specified total associated with a sporting event. In many cases, this total is tied to the number of goals scored in the game. When placing this type of wager, you’ll have to decide if you think the total will actually come in over or under the number set by the bookie.
- Handicap Betting: Handicap betting is a way for the bookies to make an uneven sporting contest a more even event. The bookies give one selection in an event a ‘handicap’ which they must overcome to win. This is especially the case when one team is far superior to the other.
- Accumulator/Multi bets: This type of bet has become the most popular bets these days due to the potential of winning large sums of money. It also has high risk as the returns can be life changing Powerbets is the best bookie for this type of bet as they offer a fantastic Odds booster on multi bets with 2 selections or more on the betslip.
Powerbets can be contacted through a WhatsApp number (+27 72 258 2728) and an email address (QUERY@POWERBETS.CO.ZA).
Both of these options are only available at limited times.
We suggest using OZOW if you have a banking app as it is instant.
How to win with Powerbets
If you are new to betting or an experienced punter we have some suggestions on how best to be successful with your betting at Powerbets.Gambling can never be an exact science but the following tips will give you the best chance of winning.
- Set Achievable Objectives: The first tip is never try to make sports betting a permanent source of income. It’s not too difficult to win a few wagers when betting on sports. Anyone who’s even vaguely knowledgeable about a sport is likely to make accurate predictions at least some of the time.
However, there’s a big difference between winning a few wagers and winning often enough to actually get rich.
- Set a Budget and stick to it: Every single tip on this page is important, but none of them are more important than this one. Regardless of how much money you have, or what your short term or long term goals are, you simply must set a budget.
Remember, losing money is a far more likely outcome than winning money. You need to decide how much money you are prepared to put at risk, and make sure that you don’t start risking more if you lose it all.
- Be Patient and Selective: One aspect of sports betting that is rather appealing is the amount of options it presents. These days we can bet on virtually any sport, and virtually any game, event, league or competition. We also have a wide variety of different types of wager to choose from.
Stick to the sports that you have good knowledge about and stay away from the sports that you don’t know much about.
- Always Compare Odds: This is one of the easiest tips to follow. Comparing odds and lines is very simple, and takes just a few moments whenever you’re placing a wager. Since bookmakers and betting sites don’t all offer exactly the same odds and lines, by shopping around a little for each wager, you can make sure that you get the best possible deal for every wager you place. The differences in the odds and lines are usually quite small, but they add up over time.
- Ignore personal bias: Most people place wagers on the sports that they enjoy watching the most, and it’s natural that they have their favourite teams and players. They obviously like to see those teams and players do well, and this can easily influence their selections if they’re not careful. It’s very common for people to bet on what they want to happen, without really considering whether that’s the right thing to do or not.
Now, backing your favourite team and players is not a major problem when betting for fun. But if you’re trying to make money, it’s important to avoid allowing bias to cloud your judgement. The best way to do this is simply to avoid any games and events where you have a personal interest in the result.
Common registration problems
If you follow the instructions on this page, the registration process will be a breeze but with anything in life there is a possibility you could encounter some issues. These are the most common problems that you could face.
Not receiving code via your mobile
You need to wait for 1-2 minutes and try again by pressing the Send SMS button. Do not try to register on someone else’s phone number — this can lead to cancellation, hacking into your personal profile and blocking your account for breaking the rules.
Having an existing account
This is very common as you may have forgotten that you had made an account at Powerbets in the past. When you enter your ID number or mobile number the bookie will tell you that you are already an existing customer. You will need to follow the prompt that says Forgot password to retrieve your login details.
Unstable internet connectivity
Having unstable internet connectivity can make it hard to setup the Powerbets account. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection otherwise the registration page will keep freezing making it impossible to complete your registration.
This bookie is renowned for having excellent Uptime but with constant load shedding in the country there is a possibility that the site could be down for a short while. Simply wait for the site to regain connectivity before registering
Powerbets has the potential to be among the best betting sites in the country as they have a well designed site that offers great odds but they only lack in the area of promotions.
They need to urgently address the issue of a Welcome Bonus as they will struggle to attract new players without a welcome bonus.
They have tried to make up for this with a super fast mobile version and excellent graphics which make live betting an absolute pleasure.
Overall Powerbets positives certainly outweigh their negatives and we would recommend anu punter to join this bookie.