With an intuitive design, many features and a pleasant interface, SportingBet provides a fast registration and verification process for players from South Africa and other countries. In addition, the bookmaker provides complete security, operating under an international licence.
In terms of betting, at Sportingbet, you can try out a variety of betting types, including live betting, accumulator and single betting. And for players to get an excellent gaming experience, the platform contains up-to-date statistics and all popular events from the world of sports.
Step by step guide on how to register at SportingBet
Sportingbet app has an easy registration process that will only take a few minutes to complete, all you need to do is follow the simple steps below to become a player at Sportingbet.
Visit the Sportingbet site
Go to your browser, on the browser address bar type www.sportingbet.co.za and press ‘Enter’ for the home page to open.
On the top right side of the home page, you need to click on ‘Register.
You need to put your email address and press the ‘Continue’ button.
You will put the password of at least 8 characters and click on the ‘Next’ button.
Name & Surname
You need to put your name and surname and click on the ‘Next button.
You need to put your date of birth, first date then the month and then the year and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
You need to input your South African ID. If not, then you can choose your passport as your choice and then put in your credentials and choose ‘country of issue’ and click on the ‘Next’ button.
You will put your current address with postcode and click on the ‘Next’ button.
Source of Funds
You need to choose your source of funds to be able to bet, you will get 8 options to choose from, once you have selected, you will click on the ‘Next’ button.
You will put your mobile number and click on the ‘Next’ button.
Create My Account
This screen will give you a button ‘Create My Account’ .
What you must know about this bookmaker
Before joining any betting site, you need to know the main terms and conditions of the bookie with regards to their registration process and things like the welcome bonus.
Registration terms and conditions
- By making use of any of the information contained on the website, the player or user warrants that he or she is older than 18 years. Any person 18 years or older can open a Sportingbet Online Betting Account.
- Proof of identity, age and residency is required prior to opening any account and/or any other obligation imposed on a Service Provider by FICA.
- It is compulsory that your full names, residential address and contact details are obtained by Sportingbet to comply with the statutory obligations imposed upon the Sportingbet relative to compliance with FICA.
- You acknowledge and agree that your access to and use of the products and betting facilities offered by the website, and the use of the Sportingbet betting facilities services.
- Under no circumstances will the Sportingbet be liable to you in contract, breach of statutory duty or otherwise under or in connection with these terms, your use of, or inability to use, the website or the betting facility service, or other products or services, any of our chat rooms or any online sports betting software, materials or other information on our website, or any goods, materials or services available.
- These are specific terms and conditions related to each type of sport that you are able to bet on.
What do you need for verification in SportingBet – FICA Requirements
As with any bookie there is a verification process that takes place before you are allowed to withdraw any winnings.
Some bookies don’t even allow deposits before the verification of FICA documents take place.
FICA is an abbreviation for the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001. The Act was instituted in order to fight financial crime such as money laundering, fraud, tax evasion, terrorist financing activities and identity theft.
The Act was amended in 2017 to bring South Africa in line with international standards set by the Financial Action Task Force in combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
The documents that are required for this process is a copy of your ID document and your proof of residence. The proof of residence can be a utility bill or a letter from your local councillor.
Once your documents are submitted to Sportingbet the verification of these documents can take up to a maximum of 24 hours. My documents were verified within a few hours and my account was active.
What becomes available to users after registration on SportingBet
www.sportingbet.co.za has the largest sportsbook on offer for punters but that is just the beginning of the great offers and promotions available at this bookie.
Along with the excellent Risk Free First Bet offer of up to R2000 (early it’s was be Sportingbet 50 bonus), here are some of the bonuses that you qualify for after you registering.
Football Multi Special
One of the most frustrating feelings for any punter is to lose their multi bet by a single leg.
Sportingbet will now refund your stake if you are one leg out with your bet. There must be a minimum of five selections at odds of 1.5 or better in each selection.
This is a great offer for punters that enjoy the casino games as Sportingbet offers you a R300 free spin on selected slot games when you bet a minimum of R50.
Please note this offer is only valid on a one time only basis.
Here are some of the most popular bets available at this bookie.
- Win Bets. This type of bet is the most basic one of them all. With this type of wager, you’ll simply be selecting who you believe will win the game or match that you’re betting on.
- Totals and Over/Under Bets. Totals are another very simple wager that can be great for beginners to use in conjunction with win bets. With a total bet, Sportingbet will issue a specified total associated with a sporting event. In many cases, this total is tied to the number of goals scored in the game.
When placing this type of wager, you’ll have to decide if you think the total will actually come in over or under the number set by the bookie.
- Handicap Betting. Handicap betting is a way for the bookies to make an uneven sporting contest a more even event.
The bookies give one selection in an event a ‘handicap’ which they must overcome to win. This is especially the case when one team is far superior to the other.
- Accumulator/Multi bets. This type of bet has become the most popular bet these days due to the potential of winning large sums of money. It also has high risk as the returns can be life changing.
- Bet Builder. This type of bet allows you to make multiple selections in one match.
Their telephone contact number is 0800 983 625 but can be delayed at times. We suggest using their Live Chat which is fast and efficient.
They also have an Email facility for queries but this could take up to 8 hours before you get a response. You can access their email support by going to their Help page and logging a query.
Sportingbet has a comprehensive FAQ page that can be very helpful.
How to login on SportingBet after registration
Once your registration is complete follow these easy steps to log into your account:
- Login: On the homepage on the right side top corner click on ‘Login’ button (This is also true for logging at sporting bet app).
- Email ID/User ID: You will put your email ID.
- Password: You put the password and then click on ‘Login’.
How to recover Sportingbet account
If you open your account and forget your password then all you need to do is simply enter your Username or Email ID and click on the Forgot Password Tab. You will be redirected to the Reset Password link sent to your email address.
Enter your new password and you are good to go.
How to deposit SportingBet account
Here is the step by step instruction to funding your account:
- Log into your Sportingbet account
- Deposit Tab: Choose the Dark Blue Deposit tab at the top of the page.
- Click Deposit: Click on the deposit button.
- Deposit method: On the deposit screen it will give you a choice of different methods of deposit.
- Deposit Amount: Choose an amount that you want to deposit.
- Credit Amount: After the deposit has been made your account will be credited instantly or could take 24 hours to reflect depending on the deposit method that you chose. The Voucher method is hugely popular as it is instant and starts at R10.
Common registration problems
The Sportingbet registration process is an easy simplified one but if you encounter any problems then these factors below could possibly be the reasons.
Having an existing account
This is very common as you may have forgotten that you had made an account at Gbets in the past.
When you enter your ID number or mobile number the bookie will tell you that you are already an existing customer.
You will need to follow the prompt that says Forgot Password to retrieve your login details.
Unstable internet connectivity
Having unstable internet connectivity can make it hard to set up the Gbets account.
Make sure that you have a stable internet connection otherwise the registration page will keep freezing making it impossible to complete your registration.
Under the age of 18
When you enter in your ID number the system checks whether you are over 18 years, and if you are not then you will be prevented from registering.
Sportingbet have wisely used their overseas experience to penetrate the South African betting market and graduate to among the best bookies in the country.
They have an excellent welcome bonus to welcome new players while having one of the best designed sites in the industry.
Both the mobile and desktop versions have great speed and easy usability even for newbie punters. Their features set them apart from other bookies as they were the first to introduce features like Build A Bet and Edit My Bet.
If you are looking for an overall awesome betting experience then register today with Sportingbet.